Saturday, March 31, 2007

Doll Quilts and Easter Eggs

I've changed my blog banner in line with the season to show my pysansky eggs, I bought them new from Poland on e-bay, they are wooden and handpainted. I don't know if I'll be able to bring myself to put them away after Easter though. On trips to Austria and the Czech Republic I've seen shops that sell nothing but painted eggs, mainly real eggs where the white and the yolk have been blown out. They look fantastic in the shops but there is so much choice that I've always gone out without buying any because I just couldn't decide which ones to buy.

Another new purchase which I've ummed and aahed about for a while before buying is this doll's bed from IKEA. I'm feeling quite attracted to the idea of doll quilts like Finn has been showing on her blog lately but I wanted somewhere to display them. Hence the bed, which DS put together for me last weekend. My husband's only comment, predictably, was 'Yes, but where will you put it?' I have to grudgingly admit that it is quite big for a doll's bed so I'm not entirely sure where I will put it. At the moment it's on top of the freezer - such a classy place to display doll quilts! I sewed up a few plaid squares just to get started which has spurred me on to finish cutting the fabrics for my plaid YBR from shirting.

10 comments:

atet said...

You said you found it at Ikea? Hmmnn...dd has a birthday around the corner and no place for her "baby" to sleep...and I could make quilts for it...

Norma said...

Your blog just made my day.........its so bright, colorful and cheerful, who could resist a smile! Love the cakes and the chicks!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Love the new banner. You are fast becoming the banner queen (I can't even work out how to put a photo in my profile!!)
Those eggs are gorgeous and the little doll's bed and quilt look fantastic but I could well see my husband roll his eyes!!
Happy cutting on YBR, Tracey

Tanya said...

I always love your blog and the banner really makes it a day brightener. The last banner too was so cheery and I'm thrilled to know I will be greeted by this lovely one for awhile. Good job!

meggie said...

Love those Polish eggs!
Also love that little doll bed, & the quilt. You have just given me an idea for today's post!

Shelina said...

Those are pretty eggs. And the doll bed is lovely. I have some doll furniture, but it is really too small to make a quilt for it. I would love a decent size doll bed. Your quilt is adorable too.

Tazzie said...

I love those eggs! They're just lovely on the banner. The fun thing about painted wooden eggs is they're so pretty and so few calories!
You'll have fun with the doll quilts, the cot is so cute.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Unknown said...

Those eggs are beautiful and where else would you keep a doll's bed? :o)))

Melanie said...

The eggs are beautiful. You'll have them for years to come. Just like the darling doll bed *S*.

Libby said...

The eggs are beautiful - I can see how it would be difficult to decide on which one to purchase. The doll bed is cute - you'll find just the right spot to place it before you know it.