Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Chesterfield


Just a quick post. Today I had occasion to travel to Chesterfield in Derbyshire for work. Wherever you drive in Chesterfield you can't miss the famous crooked spire. I would have taken my own photo but as I was driving at the time it would have been a bit impractical, not to say dangerous. Now, this caused a problem, as I found pictures of the spire here and here and here but as they are all copyrighted I couldn't use them in my blog (fair enough, I wouldn't really want other people to use my photos either). So ... how about a vintage postcard from e-bay - the spire hasn't changed much in the meantime. The links I gave earlier tell you the history of the spire and some theories as to how it got to be so crooked.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Fiona, Chesterfield is a lovely little town - we did a house-swap holiday with some people there when the two youngest were tiny - and so handy for the Derbyshire Dales

CONNIE W said...

Because of your photos I'm getting educated! I find this one very interesting. Appreciating your blog posts!

Linda C said...

Almost looks like the tip of a Dairy Queen soft serve ice cream cone, LOL.

Manature said...

Hi Fiona,

Thanks for leaving a comment in my post Adding a graphic to your New Blogger blog header and for taking the time to express your appreciated. Much appreciated.

Peter a.k.a. enviroman
Enviroman Says