Friday, March 23, 2007

Confession Time


Both Joyce and Meggie kindly commented that it was better to make chicks than cakes for the Easter Treat Sale at the school on Friday. Sadly, I am not the virtuous woman you think me to be - I made cakes as well. Here they are. Don't know what they tasted like - in truth I just enjoy wrapping them up to look pretty, I'm a big believer in the art of presentation and a sucker for cellophane. The tin sign behind them was a Christmas present from my Mum - isn't it lovely? It also means that I can use some of my ribbons. I get them from a stall that comes to Leicester Market on Saturdays, they are so cheap that I buy them even if I have no immediate use for them - you could call it a ribbon stash.

Haven't had chance to sew much apart from the chicks but will be going away to Wales over Easter so I'm going to take my machine and try to make up for it then. I really want to try the peacock feathers that Tazzie has been using to such good effect instead of just meandering as usual.

And ... the clocks have gone forward, hooray, more light = more productivity. Have a good weekend all.

12 comments:

Joyce said...

You have more energy than I do! I love your ribbon stash.

Libby said...

Cellophane is great - a very nice visual presentation. I love to wrap VERY simply, usually in plain brown paper with raffia for ribbon. But when it comes to foods, there's just nothing like being able to see what's in there.

meggie said...

Those cakes look very nicely presented. I am a sucker for presentation too. Love the ribbons!

Simonetta said...

GNUMMM!!! The cakes, I am sure, that will be delicious:))))
A good purchase for the ribbons, also I purchase things that I will put aside then, I think that one day they will return profits these ribbons for you.
A happy week :)))

Tazzie said...

Gosh, your cakes look divine, your presentation is just wonderful! I really love your ribbon stash, I see so many possibilities with them all!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Clare said...

Yummy cakes and a lovely tin sign. So you collect ribbon - ummmmmm.

Lois R. said...

Fiona, you must be a Bazaar Organizer's dream! First, the cute little chicks and then the cakes. Those cakes look so beautifully packaged, who cares how they taste! You ought to go into business! Set up your own stall!

Teodo said...

Beautiful the ribbons but I prefer the cakes. I'm very
greedy. ciao ciao

YankeeQuilter said...

The ribbon pile just makes me smile! Love your chickens too...I have one that a quilt friend made me years ago and it sits next to my sewing machine egging me on

(sorry couldn't help myself...)

Have fun in Wales.

Tanya said...

Hi. Even the colors in your ribbons remind me of spring!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Wow, that is some ribbon stash. I need you here for my school market because presentation is just not my thing! Yours all looks great, are the boxes just folded coloured cardboard, kept in shape with tape? What do you sell them for? (I am very much in fete mode!) what do you put on your chickens? LOL tracey

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your easter egg blog header - have an eggstra super time in Welsh Wales :o)