Friday, December 22, 2006

Signing off for Christmas


Oh yeah, I hear you cry, thought she'd signed off for December anyway! Well, I promise to be a better (note that was better, not beta) blogger next year.


Today was my last day in my job at the place where I have worked for the last 15 and a half years. When I started there my daughter was only 18 months old and I weighed a delightful 116 lbs, now she is nearly 17 and I weigh significantly more than that! (But, like Patti, I will do something about that in the New Year). The years have seen the best of times and the worst of times but as always, wherever you work, it's the people you work with that make the difference - whilst not many of them have now worked there as long as me, I do count them among my friends and a few tears were shed today.


But ... at the same time I am looking forward to my new job, I already know most of the people working there and I'm ready for the challenge.


I'm going to have a good rest over the holidays - maybe do a bit of crochet as well as quilting - we'll see, like Nancy, I'm not setting any goals.


Wishing everyone who reads this a peaceful holiday and a happy New Year.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Rest well. We'll read you next year. ;)

Libby said...

A Merry Christmas to you and yours and wishes for a Happy New Year.

Angie said...

Happiest of holidays, Fiona, and wishes for a bright shiny New Year full of quilty goodness!

Ms. Jan said...

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and good luck in the new job. =) =)

Simonetta said...

Merry Christmas, joy and serenity!!!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Hi, happy holidays and enjoy that break-good luck with that new job, Tracey

Juliann in WA said...

enjoy your rest and your new job and may the new year bring lots of time for friends and creative efforts
juliann