Friday, December 01, 2006


Oh my, I've taken the leap and switched to beta blogger - hope it doesn't play up. Seems they must have ironed out the wrinkles that first occurred when people switched as I've noticed a few people have now switched and it seems okay.
The picture shows an advent calendar that I made probably 12 or 14 years ago. Didn't know anything about patchwork and quilting but I saw the instructions in a magazine and made it up. I'd love to say I put it up faithfully every year but ... every year I lose either the piece of dowelling to hang it up with or else the hooks that go over the picture rail. This year though I managed to find the hooks and something to thread through the loops at the top. In previous years I've gone rather more to town and wrapped up small individual presents but this year the kids will have to make do with a chocolate each in the pockets.


5 comments:

Lois R. said...

ooo! pretty! Hey, chocolate works! Seeing your advent calendar and Bebbs' two, I think I'll have to dig out the remnants of the one I had when I was little -- a Hershey's Kiss every evening before bed!

Tazzie said...

I love it Fiona. I'm such a lazybones and have a store bought one each year, I wish I'd made up such a nice one.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

McIrish Annie said...

love the advent quilt!! glad your switch to beta was uneventful. i am thinking about it. Seems most people are not having problems as long as your blog is not too large~

did you save your earlier posts somehow?? I would like to do that so in the event that Blogger poops out I can reload everything. i am a computer nerd when it comes to that stuff so any info would be great

Finn said...

Hi Fiona, seems like the switch went ok..I've been too chicken to even try it.
They probably will eventually force me to join the ranks..*VBS* The advent calendar is such a pretty one. And chocolate is always good. Hugs, Finn

Melanie said...

I love you quilt. It's a great way to look forward to the holidays...