Saturday, September 16, 2006

Completed top for the Take the Leap Challenge. I will sandwich it tonight and hopefully start to quilt it tomorrow. I was a bit unsure about it until I put the borders on but they have made a big difference. It is going to Clare at Dordogne Quilter for a leukaemia charity. Since the fabric for the borders for the blue scrappy top still hasn't arrived I should get it finished posted by the end of the week. I've enjoyed working on a small, quick to finish project this week. With any luck I'll be able to send Clare a couple of red and white squares too.

11 comments:

Joyce said...

The sashing and borders finish it off beautifully. I can't wait to see it quilted.

Unknown said...

Looks brilliant Fiona - the random sashing and yellow border sets it off a treat :o)

Lois R. said...

Spectacular! love the colors and I love how you have to look at the Xs and Os for a second to figure out what they are. The sashing looks great!

Finn said...

Hi Fiona, it looks great, just enough and not too much..*VBS* Perfect! And for such a great cause.
I like what you did with all the blocks Have a great weekend, Hugs, Finn

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I just love that bright border! And, isn't it great when a challenge motivates you to try something new!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Libby said...

You've done a great job -- such a bright, happy quilt.

Tonya Ricucci said...

I love your sashing and posts. This quilt turned out soooo cute.

Clare said...

That is one lovely lovely quilt and will make someone very happy! Thank you so very very much.

2 carrier bags have got your name on them!

Clare x

Eileen said...

That quilt will make someone very happy, I'm sure. I love the bright colors.

Hedgehog said...

This quilt is so much fun!! It's so generous of you to donate it.

Shelina said...

This is such a nice and bright project - guaranteed to cheer up everyone who comes into contact with it.