Sunday, December 05, 2010

The Pop-Up Shop

Hello everyone!  Where does the time go?  I've been a bit off the radar lately ... but I have been up to something.  Since the summer I've been steadily making things in my spare time with a view to opening a Christmas Shop.  Think of it as a kind of  'Pop-Up' shop in my very own kitchen.  

I invited friends and work colleagues - and I'm pleased to say it was a success.  Mind you, I don't think I could have done it if my lovely Mum hadn't helped me and I was really nervous beforehand.  The fact that it went well then spurred me on to book a stall at a Christmas Street Fair near to where I live in the University area of the City.  That was today ... and it was awesome!  I pretty well sold out - it was so busy I didn't even have chance to look at any of the other stalls.  Luckily the snow has gone and the sun was shining - couldn't have been better.  I think I might have hit upon a way of satisfying my creative urges in a way that fits in well with my day job (which is very important to me - it pays the bills and besides, I like it and I like the people I work with so it will always take precedence).  This way I can pick and choose when and where I set up shop so that I have time to build up stock in my spare time without feeling pressured.  Could be a win-win situation!
I sold lots of these clown tree decorations - good job as I got a bit carried away and made a gazillion of them. 

5 comments:

Sallie said...

I like your clowns. Is there a tutorial somewhere? I do a show once a year and I'm always looking for ideas. E-mail me if you are willing to share snything about these little guys. My e-mail is salapril at gmail dot com.
Thanks, Sallie

Meggie said...

Well done!! What a lovely post about a lot of lovely goodies. Shows me, it is not all snow & gloom in your corner of the world!
Your Clowns are very handsome!

julieQ said...

Nice job! Your things look so nice, no wonder they sold out so quickly!

Trashsparkle said...

Love your blog - looking forward to seeing more of it! Well done for doing the kitchen pop-up and fair - they sound fun.

Chookyblue...... said...

hey Fiona are you still around???